Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nine's the Lucky Number

If you're close to me, you know full well the entire year of 2008 was not on my list of what I'd call "good times." Nick and I were thrown our fair share of obstacals, and when I think back on all of them it's clear to me why my mood wasn't top notch for 12 months. When week after week brought some new kind of headache, why did I even expect to want to get out of bed in the morning? Silly, silly me.

While I'm trying to forget each little tradgedy of '08, I can't deny how much I learned from every single second of the misery I endured. I would never chose to relive any of it, but I think it's going to help make 2009 that much sweeter. My new knowledge of life, how this world and people will unexpectedly let you down, the importance of family, what friendship really means, what career happiness/success will mean for me, and where I want to be as a person have been invaluable lessons 2008 taught me.

I could go on and on. I can feel it. 2009 is going to be good.